Worship & Communion
Sunday @ 10 am : Marion
Sunday @ 5pm : Thebarton
It would be great to have you visit us!
Who we are (and what we are not)
Empowered Christian Church is not a building; we gather together in a building. (We believe if you are a Christian, you don't go to Church, you are the Church) We are a not a rehabilitation program; we have programs to help people connect with and grow in their personal faith and lives and to experience healing where it is needed. We are not a break-away Church group; we are part of the Apostolic Church of Australia, a sound and well-respected national body with a strong Christian heritage.
Empowered Christian Church is a local community, a group of people from all walks of life and nations, committed to serving God, each other and the wider community. We are family, seeking to love and support each other as God intended and to reach the lost in His Name
Meet our leadership team
Our Senior Pastors, Deshan and Christine Solomon have faithfully led Empowered Christian Church since 2009. During this decade our Church has seen many people dedicate their lives to God & serving His Kingdom purpose.Through their ministry God has been faithful in adding to the numbers of our Christian family and personal growth in many lives has taken place. Deshan and Christine firmly believe in equipping and releasing people into ministry and many have been empowered to serve in God’s Kingdom. In their own words, they believe ‘We can trust God to continue His provision in every area of our lives and God will use Empowered Christian Church to see many more come
into the Kingdom’.
Michael & Julie
Michael and Julie both had a radical conversion experience from their former lives and in a short space of time learned to serve God’s people and the community with absolute dedication. They have a real heart for people who are struggling and are passionate about seeing God's love transform them. Both have an incredible capacity to love and support those in need and we have seen countless lives touched by their generosity and kindness. Both Michael and Julie play significant roles in many of our community projects and family events. Michael heads up our Community Impact agenda and Julie leads our Children’s Church program.
Steve & Anne
Steve and Ann have served in the Church for many years now. Their leadership is characterised by a real love for the body of Christ and encouragement of those who aspire to minister to God’s people. They firmly believe in a ‘hands-on’ approach when it comes to ministering to individual Church members and many can testify of their selfless support of the people concerned. Steve leads the Church’s prophetic ministry and has a strong desire to see God’s Word have a profound impact in people’s lives. Ann is part of the Church’s welcome and hosting team and is active in Children’s Church ministry.
What we value
Word of God
What we believe
1. The one true and living God who eternally exists in three persons in unity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The Divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture.
3. The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
4. The virgin Birth, sinless life atoning death, triumphant Resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Second Coming, and eternal Kingdom reign.
5. The justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him, and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
6. The Sacrament of Baptism by immersion, and of the Lord's Supper.
7. The baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with supernatural signs, empowering the Church for its mission in the world.
8. The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
9. Christ's leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
10. The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithing to the local church.
ACTS Global Church. What We Believe. Retrieved from https://actsglobal.church
Where we came from
Empowered Christian Church comes under the vision, leadership and accountability of the the Apostolic Church Australia. The ‘Apostolic’ movement began in 1904, birthed out of a period known as the Welsh Revival. The founding fathers of the movement had come to see from their study of the Scriptures that God had raised the five ministry gifts of Ephesians chapter 4 and was using apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to further His work on earth. This has since spread to over 130 assemblies in Australia, and approximately 60 countries worldwide.
The Apostolic Church Australia began in 1929 and has continued to reach out in mission to the nations, as well as raise up a great Australian Church who teach the love of God, the primacy of Jesus as Lord and Saviour, and the power of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry.
For more information about the Apostolic Church visit www.apostolic.org.au
‘Marion Apostolic Church’ was founded by William Cathcart, an apostle, who came out of the revival in Wales as a young man with a big vision. The church first gathered in Gilbert Street, Adelaide, which in 1971 moved to its permanent home at Sturt Road, Marion.
In 2005 the name was changed to Marion Christian Church, by which it was well known for many years. As of January 2019 we are now known as Empowered Christian Church! We added a campus at Thebarton community centre in February 2019.
To this day we continue to grow as a committed group of followers of Jesus Christ who have a passion to impact our community, city and nations for the Kingdom of God.
If you want to find out more about our Church or would like to meet with one of our leaders, please don't hesitate to contact us.